For those seeking a blend of spirituality and scenic beauty, a road trip from Chennai to Tirumala is the perfect odyssey. The 135 km journey unveils not just the well-paved roads but also a tapestry of landscapes, offering a delightful experience for travellers. So, fasten your seatbelts and join us as we explore the road less travelled, from Chennai to the divine abode of Tirupati.
Travel Time and Route
The road trip from Madras to Tirupati typically takes about 3 to 4 hours, depending on the route and traffic conditions. The most common and recommended route is via NH 75. Starting from Chennai, you will head towards the west, passing through towns like Kanchipuram and Arcot, before reaching the spiritual haven of Tirupati.
Chennai to Tirupati - Best Route by Car: NH 75
National Highway 75, also known as Chennai-Tirupati Highway, is more than just a transit route; it's a visual treat for road travellers. The well-maintained road takes you through the heart of Tamil Nadu, revealing lush green fields, quaint villages and occasional glimpses of rural life. The smooth highway ensures a comfortable drive, allowing you to focus on the landscapes unfolding around you.
Pit Stops and Points of Interest
As you journey from Chennai to Tirupati, consider making pit stops at some noteworthy places along the way:
- Kanchipuram: Known as the "City of a Thousand Temples", Kanchipuram is a treasure trove of ancient Dravidian architecture. The Kailasanathar Temple and Ekambareswarar Temple are must-visit landmarks that offer a glimpse into the rich cultural heritage of the region.
- Arcot: Famous for its historic fort, Arcot is a town steeped in history. The Arcot Fort, constructed during the 18th century, stands as a testament to the region's colonial past.
- Sriperumbudur: The birthplace of former Indian Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Sriperumbudur is known for the Rajiv Gandhi Memorial. The memorial provides insights into the life and legacy of one of India's prominent leaders.
- Renigunta: A town near Tirupati, Renigunta is known for its railway junction. While here, you can explore the local markets and soak in the vibrant atmosphere.
Tips for the Road
- Fuel Up: Ensure your vehicle is fueled up before hitting the road, as the journey involves stretches with limited fuel stations.
- Weather Check: Tamil Nadu can experience varying weather conditions. Check the weather forecast and be prepared, especially during the monsoon season.
- Fastag: Ensure you have enough balance for the toll booths along the highway.
Embarking on a road trip from Chennai to Tirupati Temple is not just a journey; it's an expedition through diverse landscapes and cultural heritage. Whether you're a devotee seeking divine blessings or a travel enthusiast captivated by the allure of the road, this route promises an enriching experience that lingers long after the journey concludes. So, rev up your engines and let the road unravel the stories that connect Chennai to the sacred hills of Tirupati.
Stay at Raj Park Tirupati to ensure a memorable stay with its seamless blend of comfort and convenience. The hotel features 30 well-appointed rooms in three categories. Culinary delights await at the 24-hour restaurant, serving a diverse range of multi-cuisine dishes. The hotel's travel desk facilitates hassle-free exploration of nearby attractions or temple visits, providing vehicle rental services for a convenient journey.